DepEd now accepting applications for 2014 student employment program: http://bit.ly/1ismqGe
The Special Program for the Employment of Students (SPES) is an annual summer employment program that invites students to immerse themselves in government, as well as hone their sense of leadership and public service.
From the Department of Education
DepEd now accepting applications for 2014 student employment program
The Department of Education (DepEd) is now accepting applications for the Special Program for the Employment of Students (SPES) 2014.
What is SPES?
SPES is an annual summer employment program that invites students to immerse themselves in government as well as hone their sense of leadership and public service. The program is currently spearheaded by the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), with the support of other government agencies.
Qualifications for acceptance as a SPES trainee:
The following requirements must be accomplished:
- Students/out-of-school youth who are at least 18 years old but not more than 25 years old;
- He/she must be enrolled this school year (in-school) or if not, must have intention to enroll next school year (out-of-school);
- The combined annual net income of both parents must not exceed P143,000;
- Applicants must possess office skills (priority will be given to those with computer-related skills).
- SPES application form (Download the official SPES application form);
- Birth certificate / baptismal certificate (certified true copy / NSO);
- Income tax returns of both parents. If the parents are non-filers of ITR, (1) an affidavit, certified by the BIR, stating that the annual net income of both parents does not exceed P143,000, or Barangay Certification as to the economic status of applicant’s family, must be produced;
- For college students: Recent grades and school registration preferably in the second semester;
- For out-of-school youth (OSY): provide grades available before dropping out of school or a certificate of indigence issued by the Barangay, stating where the OSY resides.
SPES 2014 trainees will be employed for 30 working days under the supervision of the SPES 2014 Secretariat, which is located in the DepEd Central Office.
The application period is from March 10-22, 2014
, from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday to Saturday.
You may send your certified true copy of documents, enclosed in a brown envelope with your name and date of submission, to
Special Program for the Employment of Students Secretariat
Office of the Undersecretary for Regional Operations
DepEd Complex, Meralco Ave., Pasig City